Wednesday 30 July 2008

Carping

Okay, it's confession time - I was bitchy earlier, and now I regret it.

After weeks of being the queen of Croydon news on Twitter (not difficult when it's just you), our competition has decided to decamp there en masse (well, three of them). And instead of welcoming them, I had a dig. (Given our comment feature is STILL down, maybe I should have thought about our own glass house before throwing stones.)

There, I've admitted it. I'm ashamed, because it's against the spirit of Twitter, which is to share - everything.

All the same, I can't help feeling like they're piggybacking, just a little. I've spent a while building up a network, and all they have to do is come along, and click to follow everyone who's following me.

But begone, resentful thoughts! After all, social networking is more than just signing up to the services, you have to maintain them too. And if they have the initiative to do that, then good luck to them. I'll just have to be a little bit more careful when discussing stories we have in the pipeline, that's all.

No comments: