Monday 4 August 2008

And forward again

At last! After weeks and weeks and weeks of scratching our heads, we finally seem to have agreed on what kind of role our long-awaited extra web person will have. That's as far as we've got - and I don't want to go into too much detail, as it would be unfair to whoever ends up filling the boots whose design we're probably still going to end up tweaking.

It's a relief in two ways - firstly, it should mean an end to the sometimes excessive hours the newsdesk have been putting in. But more excitingly, it means the ever-growing to do list I have for our site will actually become a reality.

I've spent a lot of time on this blog bitching about what's holding us back. Now, I'm a natural moaner, so that's probably not going to stop. But now I'm about to get a whole world of help, I can concentrate more on what can move us forward.

And with that in mind, I'm off to create my first Yahoo pipes mash-up - with some help from Paul Bradshaw. I'll let you know how I get on.

No comments: